Wednesday September 9, 2020
The 2020 Vital Community Grants will support the efforts of local charities as they recover from the initial impacts of COVID-19.
Operating grants of up to $5,000 will help charities define their “new normal” as they continue to recover from and adapt to changes brought about by the global pandemic.
These operating grants will bridge the gap between emergency funding and longer-term recovery while organizations consider questions like:
- What will it take for us to continue our work over the next 18 to 24 months?
- Do we have the right team leading?
- What risks are we facing?
- How might we use this opportunity to change how we deliver our services or business model?
- How can we work with clients to eliminate barriers that prevent them from accessing services?
- What new collaborations could we build with other organizations?
- How can we advocate for more support for our sector?
Priority will be given to organizations whose services and programs primarily serve vulnerable residents in the greater Peterborough region. A growing body of evidence shows that COVID-19 has had the most significant impacts on individuals living with disabilities, newcomers, LGBTQ+, Indigenous, Black and racialized communities, women, children, youth and low-income individuals.
Note: Arts organizations are encouraged to apply for grants through the Arts Alive Fund later this fall. Details will be announced soon.
Vital Community Grants application closing date: Friday October 16, 2020 @ 5pm